Layout Updates: Feeding System

Probably the hardest aspect of the new layout is simplifying the feeding system so it’s easy, intuitive and informative. So of course that’s what I picked to work on first! It’s nearly finished, only a couple more bugs to iron out, including one I discovered at the end of the these preview videos.

Key Changes of the Feeding System

• Everything is moved into a small box right on the main profile, instead of it’s own whole section everything is open to the public so players can help each other with feeding settings
  • Instead of choosing both a percentage of feed and a total weight now all you need to do is choose how much of the horses energy will come from each food (percentage)
  • If you keep your horses total feed at 100% he’ll maintain his current weight (assuming you don’t exceed the max intake values for both maintenance and training)
  • Protein, Fiber and Sugar are now displayed as progress bars with a blue line indicating the needs of that particular horse
  • The previous Maintenance/Training progress bar has been replaced with a simple table showing the max kg the horse can eat, as well as how much he’ll need to eat to reach the owners chosen energy percentage
  • New “Weight Gain Mix” feed added to help your hard keeps gain some weight
  • An extensive Help Section has been written alongside the development so it’ll be ready right from the start

Preview Videos

The new Help Section is displayed at the end of the first video. Most other sections of the page are incomplete currently.

6 Comments

• Morgan Andrews

June 1, 2016 at 5:53 pm Reply

When will the update come out? I have just been holding out on playing due to all the busy work this game contains. I love the fact that it is harder than Howrse though.

• Morgan Andrews

June 1, 2016 at 5:56 pm Reply

Also when is the training history schedualed to come out? I think having the indepthtraining will really make this game far more surperior.

• larissar

June 2, 2016 at 11:43 am Reply

The training history will come out shortly after the new updates. The logging system is already setup it just needs some adjustments so it doesn’t cause any site lag. Logging takes a HUGE portion of the database 🙂

• larissar

June 2, 2016 at 11:41 am Reply

I’m hoping to begin releasing the new updates within a week or two if all goes well. This weekend I should be able to post another video show whats been completed so far. Its coming along nicely.

• Lara Kostanjevac

June 22, 2016 at 6:58 pm Reply

Will you change the horse drawings to those you put on the registration page? All the horses look mostly the same without a big difference between an arab and a friesian. I love the drawing of the spotted draft and arabian, and I really hope you will change the drawings soon. No rush though, I know you’ve been working a lot and new updates are awesome!!

• larissar

March 15, 2017 at 1:18 am Reply

This is a pretty old comment, I’m sorry I wasn’t able to reply until now (I accidentally locked myself out of this blog, oops!). Anyway for anyone else who is reading and wants to know the answer as well: Yes, there will be an update to the game that will bring in more options when it comes to the horse drawings. The same horses on the homepage will be available in the game as “poses” to the existing artwork. You’ll be able to choose what pose your horse should appear in.